Our project management service is a research and project management consultancy to individuals, charities and groups nationwide wishing to undertake community heritage projects.
This service includes providing the following range of project management expertise:
- arranging initial briefings and consultation with partner organisations;
- completing expressions of interest, project plans and applications for funding, i.e. Heritage Lottery Fund;
- managing steering groups, overseeing all project activities, organising community surveys, undertaking training of staff and volunteers;
- handling all media communications, including press briefings and social media;
- assessing outcomes for funders and completing project evaluations.
After receiving a request for project management consultancy, an initial meeting will be arranged with any people involved to discuss the scope, costs and likely outcomes of the project.
Once agreement is reached to go ahead, Olicana Historical Research will carry out the initial briefings and consultations, completion of expressions of interest and applications for funding ‘at risk’.
On receipt of any funding grants, Olicana Historical Research will charge the following fees to the project:
- Research, training and project management service – £20 per hour
- Photocopying and digital copying – at cost
- Travel expenses – 45p per mile or 2nd Class rail fare
Throughout the term of the project, Olicana Historical Research will provide regular briefings to the steering group overseeing the project and undertake surveys of participants and the wider community, in accordance with the terms of the original agreement.
All grant monies will be accounted for through reports to the steering group, with a full account submitted to the funders as part of the final evaluation.
Notwithstanding the above terms and conditions, Olicana Historical Research will wherever possible offer a bespoke service to any group or organisation wishing to undertake a community heritage project, taking into account the needs and wishes of the local community and volunteers.